Your Yugioh Team Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Yugioh Team Forums

The only team that strives to be what you expect from a team.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

March 2013 Banlist Predictions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Saber Man
Admin
The Saber Man

DN Username : MorphGuy1000

March 2013 Banlist Predictions Empty
PostSubject: March 2013 Banlist Predictions   March 2013 Banlist Predictions I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 12:18 am

Here are my predictions for the March 2013 banlist. This list might be super-off given how it's a relatively poorly-drawn list, but look at it and see what you think.

Newly Banned:

Wind-Up Rabbit: Honestly, this card is so hard to kill, and the fact that it can dodge just about anything nowadays AND trigger Magician and Factory (if they don't touch it) is just too OP. Not touching Magician, Shark, and Rat will leave the deck playable, but hitting Rabbit will surely slow down a Wind-Up user in unleashing that Magician-Shark combo.

Gateway of the Six: Smoke Signal can go to three if this is banned. Honestly, this card, coupled with a bunch of Six Samurai monsters, equals an almost-unbreakable set-up.

Archlord Kristya: This card is so hard to get rid of once it hits the field that it deserves a nice banhammer. The same could be said for Fossil Dyna, but his weak stats is what leaves him untouched.

Newly Limited:

Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier: I just want this guy to come back. And with the Xyz spamming that we see oh-too-often in so many decks nowadays, he could be making a comeback very, very soon.

Wind-Up Factory: Make Factory the same status as Launcher and Black Whirlwind, and Wind-Ups will finally be a deck that actually requires skill to use.

Mermail Abyssmegalo/Atlantean Marksman/Heavy Infantry: Megalo and Marksman are causing a LOT of problems right now. Heavy Infantry is manageable to deal with, but putting Megalo and Marksman at 1 will certainly make the deck more balanced in my opinion. Heavy Infantry might be overkill, but it could happen. Leaving Dragoons at 3 will leave the deck with some consistency now that Megalo and Marksman are Limited.

Rekindling: With all of the new FIRE archetypes from Cosmo Blazer, and Fire Kings to make their TCG release in the next few weeks, this card is obviously going to get hit. Summoning up to 5 FIRE monsters from your Graveyard with no cost is just downright OP.

Evilswarm Ophion: This 2550 ATK beatstick with its effect to search out the archetype's Forbidden Lance is just plain-out horrific and annoying. Combine that with backrow, and you have a monster that's hard to beat. Putting it at 1 will force Evilswarm users to be more creative with how they use the deck, and will slow it down so that other decks can catch up.

Newly Semi-Limited:

Fire King High Avatar Garunix: This card's Dark-Hole-like effect is just plain-ass over the top unfair. Putting him at one would make the deck unplayable, so putting him at two seems just fine to me.

Chaos Sorcerer: Every format, Chaos Sorcerer is switched from Banned, to Limited, to Semi-Limited, to Unlimited...you get the idea. Putting him at 2 is fine; I rarely see him when he's at one, anyways. He'd better stay like that, too; I don't like the idea of him moving around every single format.

Inzektor Dragonfly: Dragonfly at 1 seemed like overkill last format (at least to me). I'd personally prefer him at 2, mainly because it makes the deck more competitive than what it is now.

Newly Unlimited:

Shien's Smoke Signal: See the Forbidden section of this article.
Back to top Go down
https://youryugiohteam.canadian-forum.com
Flam3ezZ

Flam3ezZ

DN Username : Down In Flames
Humor : What is this? I don't even -

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Banlist Predictions   March 2013 Banlist Predictions I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 7:44 pm

The Saber Man wrote:
Here are my predictions for the March 2013 banlist. This list might be super-off given how it's a relatively poorly-drawn list, but look at it and see what you think.

Newly Banned:

Wind-Up Rabbit: Honestly, this card is so hard to kill, and the fact that it can dodge just about anything nowadays AND trigger Magician and Factory (if they don't touch it) is just too OP. Not touching Magician, Shark, and Rat will leave the deck playable, but hitting Rabbit will surely slow down a Wind-Up user in unleashing that Magician-Shark combo.Nothing from wind-ups really need to be banned, if you ask me, even though this card stays around for a quite a bit, it usually gets Xyz'd with the next turn, and should be good if you have a counter.

Gateway of the Six: Smoke Signal can go to three if this is banned. Honestly, this card, coupled with a bunch of Six Samurai monsters, equals an almost-unbreakable set-up.Sams can still win without gateway, but this card is an instant game winner if they do open with it.

Archlord Kristya: This card is so hard to get rid of once it hits the field that it deserves a nice banhammer. The same could be said for Fossil Dyna, but his weak stats is what leaves him untouched.
Ehh, I think that Card Destruction would be banned over this.

Newly Limited:

Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier: I just want this guy to come back. And with the Xyz spamming that we see oh-too-often in so many decks nowadays, he could be making a comeback very, very soon.NO. TOO STRONK.

Wind-Up Factory: Make Factory the same status as Launcher and Black Whirlwind, and Wind-Ups will finally be a deck that actually requires skill to use.Meh, this is okay, might be better at 2.

Mermail Abyssmegalo/Atlantean Marksman/Heavy Infantry: Megalo and Marksman are causing a LOT of problems right now. Heavy Infantry is manageable to deal with, but putting Megalo and Marksman at 1 will certainly make the deck more balanced in my opinion. Heavy Infantry might be overkill, but it could happen. Leaving Dragoons at 3 will leave the deck with some consistency now that Megalo and Marksman are Limited.Too early if you ask me, Konami still making good money.

Rekindling: With all of the new FIRE archetypes from Cosmo Blazer, and Fire Kings to make their TCG release in the next few weeks, this card is obviously going to get hit. Summoning up to 5 FIRE monsters from your Graveyard with no cost is just downright OP.Agreed.

Evilswarm Ophion: This 2550 ATK beatstick with its effect to search out the archetype's Forbidden Lance is just plain-out horrific and annoying. Combine that with backrow, and you have a monster that's hard to beat. Putting it at 1 will force Evilswarm users to be more creative with how they use the deck, and will slow it down so that other decks can catch up.This can happen... but I mean they didn't even come out in TCG.

Newly Semi-Limited:

Fire King High Avatar Garunix: This card's Dark-Hole-like effect is just plain-ass over the top unfair. Putting him at one would make the deck unplayable, so putting him at two seems just fine to me. Same as Ophion.

Chaos Sorcerer: Every format, Chaos Sorcerer is switched from Banned, to Limited, to Semi-Limited, to Unlimited...you get the idea. Putting him at 2 is fine; I rarely see him when he's at one, anyways. He'd better stay like that, too; I don't like the idea of him moving around every single format.Agreed.

Inzektor Dragonfly: Dragonfly at 1 seemed like overkill last format (at least to me). I'd personally prefer him at 2, mainly because it makes the deck more competitive than what it is now.This would make zektors playable, so I think this is not bad.

Newly Unlimited:

Shien's Smoke Signal: See the Forbidden section of this article.Only if Gateway gets banned, this is alright.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/ZZZBladeRZZZ
The Saber Man
Admin
The Saber Man

DN Username : MorphGuy1000

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Banlist Predictions   March 2013 Banlist Predictions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 7:03 pm

We could try Wind-Up Rabbit at one. I don't know. If you think about it, opening Rabbit/Factory is almost the same as opening Magician/Shark, because you can search for them and get them out in the course of a turn.

I can live with Card Des at 1. If you know that they're running it, just Set everything you can and you won't lose your cards to it.

Ophion...that's probably gonna get hit next format, so I'll take it off the list when I become less lazy. Garunix is coming out February 8th though, so he can get hit.

And lastly: BRIONAC MAKING A COMEBACK.
Back to top Go down
https://youryugiohteam.canadian-forum.com
Flam3ezZ

Flam3ezZ

DN Username : Down In Flames
Humor : What is this? I don't even -

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Banlist Predictions   March 2013 Banlist Predictions I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 7:15 pm

Well, the banlist isn't too far away, so we'll we for sure what gets hit and what doesn't.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/ZZZBladeRZZZ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Banlist Predictions   March 2013 Banlist Predictions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

March 2013 Banlist Predictions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Your Yugioh Team Forums :: Strategy Station :: Articles-
Jump to: